Renewable energy is a natural choice. Harnessing the earth's own inexhaustible energy - whether from the sun, wind, fuel cells, or other renewable sources - can reduce dependence on fossil fuels and provide clean, affordable electricity.
Choosing renewable power provides many benefits:
- Making use of secure, indigenous, and sustainable natural resources.
- Helping to keep our air clean.
- Potential to reduce the production of carbon dioxide -- a leading contributor to global climate change.
- Helping to create jobs for American workers.
- Establishing the United States as a world leader and exporter of renewable power technologies.
- Nationwide, reducing dependence on imported oil.
By purchasing electricity generated from renewable resources or installing a renewable energy system on your home, you can demonstrate your commitment to a healthy environment and a healthy economy.
Today, tens of thousands have already made the switch to renewable energy, whether buying it from an electricity provider that uses "green energy" or making it themselves.